[linux-audio-user] Patching the kernel - question

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 18:17:29 EEST

I'm confused about how to properly patch a kernel. I tried to patch a
kernel recently with Mingo's patch, and it failed. In researching the
problem, I came up with this:

http://kernelnewbies.org/FAQ/HowToApplyAPatch

>From what I can understand, this document is telling me that I would
need to download kernel 2.6 (no incremental versions), and apply the
most recent Mingo patch (as of today, 2.6.16-rt20) from there. Prior
to reading this, I always thought that you downloaded the most recent
full kernel (as of today, 2.6.16.15), the most recent patch (as of
today, 2.6.16-rt20), and go from there. Which way is the proper way?

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com