Re: [linux-audio-user] gentoo proaudio portage overlay

From: Thomas Kuther <gimpel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 18:38:13 EEST

On Tue, 9 May 2006 23:51:33 -0700
Robert Persson <ireneshusband@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I don't know if the other gentoo users on this list are aware of
> this, but someone who goes by the name of nevermind has created a
> proaudio portage overlay. You can find out about it at
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-427211.html , or download a live
> svn snapshot directly from
> http://svnweb.tuxfamily.org/dl.php?repname=proaudio+%28ckpp%29&path=%2F&rev=0&isdir=1 .
>
> Overall it is very useful, containing both packages that are missing
> from the main portage tree and more recent versions of existing
> packages. There are several very nice apps I had not heard of before,
> such as aeolus, the pipe organ emulator.
>
> One thing I have found I have needed to do has been to manually
> download some of the tarballs to /usr/portage/distfiles, and then to
> delete some of the digests and manifests and rebuild them (using
> "ebuild packagename-1.2.3 manifest digest") in order to generate new
> checksums. In one case (I think it was the vst sdk) I had to roll my
> own tarball in place of the one one of the ebuilds was unable to
> download. There were one or two other ebuild tweaks I had to do as
> well. So not problem free, but very useful nonetheless.
>
> Robert

Hi Robert,

could you please post the error message you get from ebuild's digest
verification? Maybe directly in the thread on the forums, not here on
the list. I smell a problem with arch portage vs. ~arch portage's new
SHA256 digest method on some ebuilds... also other tweaks, fixes etc
are allways very welcome!

Regards,
Tom (gimpel)