Re: [linux-audio-user] gentoo proaudio portage overlay

From: Frieder Bürzele <linux-stuff@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 18:54:52 EEST

Hi,

I'm the author of the proaudio overlay
Tom and me maintain the overlay
please report problems directly to the gentoo forums topic:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-427211.html
or send me a mail directly

Greetings Frieder

Brian Dunn wrote:
> Robert Persson wrote:
>
>> I don't know if the other gentoo users on this list are aware of
>> this, but someone who goes by the name of nevermind has created a
>> proaudio portage overlay. You can find out about it at
>> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-427211.html , or download a live
>> svn snapshot directly from
>> http://svnweb.tuxfamily.org/dl.php?repname=proaudio+%28ckpp%29&path=%2F&rev=0&isdir=1
>> .
>>
>> Overall it is very useful, containing both packages that are missing
>> from the main portage tree and more recent versions of existing
>> packages. There are several very nice apps I had not heard of before,
>> such as aeolus, the pipe organ emulator.
>>
>> One thing I have found I have needed to do has been to manually
>> download some of the tarballs to /usr/portage/distfiles, and then to
>> delete some of the digests and manifests
please be more specific which downloads fail so I can fix them
>> and rebuild them (using "ebuild packagename-1.2.3 manifest digest")
>> in order to generate new checksums. In one case (I think it was the
>> vst sdk) I had to roll my own tarball in place of the one one of the
>> ebuilds was unable to download. There were one or two other ebuild
>> tweaks I had to do as well. So not problem free, but very useful
>> nonetheless.
>>
>> Robert
In the case of vst-sdk your forced to download it manually because we
are not allowed to
distribute it (look at its license)
I've fixed/changed the the ebuild a bit to point that out
> I'm not sure what to do about the lash use flag. it conflicts with
> ladcca in the gentoo
please read 00-OVERLAY-INFO:
http://svnweb.tuxfamily.org/filedetails.php?repname=proaudio+%28ckpp%29&path=%2F00-OVERLAY-INFO