Re: [linux-audio-user] Firewire devices and Linux

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 17:20:25 EEST

On Friday 12 May 2006 14:36, Yo'av Moshe was like:
> Are there any recording devices like the "Focusrite Saffire", the
> "Alesis iO-26", the "RME Fireface 400", the "M-Audio Firewire 410",
> etc, that are around 350$USD and that Linux supports?

You are looking in exactly the right places. These are the products that
should support Linux. Various of us have spoken to the manufacturers of these
devices at great length. There is no lack of will from the Linux end to
support these devices, however they seem to be still unwilling to open up
their specifications to our developers.

Check out the non-firewire devices which are available from these
manufacturers here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/

--
cheers,