[linux-audio-user] rosegarden, chionic and mixxx hardlock my box

From: Thomas Kuther <gimpel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 18:53:20 EEST

Hi people!

Just tried mixxx-1.5.0-beta1 and unfortunately i have to count it to my
list of "box killers". This list currently contains
* rosegarden
* chionic
* mixxx

Interestingly those are all QT apps. But QT works fine here, for
example MusE just works like a charm.
And now im interested in finding out what causes those three apps to
completely hardlock my system. And they _really_ HARDlock it, in a way
that the kernel doesn't even react on a sysrq+s/u/b call anymore. no
keyboard, no mouse, nothing in any logs.. just dead.

Crappy hardware also is not the cause i guess, as card 1 is a M-Audio
Audiophile 2496, and card 2 is a ESI Juli@ - and as said apps like
MusE, LMMS and a big number of other apps work just fine.

I tested it on both cards, in case of rosegarden with both, direct ALSA
and jack output, and it hardlocks the system shortly after the splash
is displayed. I have no idea what could be the cause because i can't
get a trace or anything and have to hard-reset the box.

I would be very pleased if anyone has an idea where to start with
debugging that.

Thanks in advance
Tom