Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording Level using Audacity and a Multiface card

From: D. Sen <dsen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 23:50:58 EEST

No, the relevant part of the specs is not the gain. Just because you
dont read "microphone preamplifier" anywhere or "60 dB gain" does not
mean it is not producing line level outputs.

The relevent part of the specs is:

LINEAR OUTPUT VOLTAGE 10 volts pk-pk (3.535 V rms) or greater.

Consumer equipment line-level requires 0.316 V RMS and professional
equipment line-level requires 1.228 V RMS. The link I posted provides
the required levels for a line-level input device (from my previous
posts, you will see that it works fine for other line-level input devices).