Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording Level using Audacity and a Multiface card

From: Paul Winkler <pw_lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 23:33:18 EEST

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 06:00:52AM +1000, D. Sen wrote:
> Look at the specs. The output is definitely line-level.

I did look at the specs! Maybe you posted the wrong link? What I'm
looking at has nothing in common with a mic preamp, except that
it provides some gain.
>>http://www.bksv.com/pdf/4416B.pdf

Some relevant excerpts :
"Endevco model 4416B Battery Powered ISOTRON Conditioner"
... "is a small, battery-operated, low noise signal conditioner for use
with ISOTRON or other piezoelectric voltage mode transducers."
"TRANSFER CHARACTERISTICS
GAIN 1 or 10 selectable"
"CONNECTIONS BNC for both Input and Output"

To misuse Magritte: Leci n'est pas une microphone preamplifier.

Did you maybe post the wrong link?

--
Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com