Re: [linux-audio-user] Denormal problems with some LADSPA plugins

From: Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 23:28:26 EEST

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 20:13 +0100, Q wrote:

> Sampo suggested on the Ardour forum that I should try compiling the SWH
> plugins using SSE instructions -- thanks for that. I got the latest tar
> of the plugs and compiled them using those instructions but
> unfortunately it hasn't cured the problem. Probably I did something
> wrong -- I can't say I fully understood the options in the Readme.

Sorry to hear you're still having problems. Quick guide to compile the
plugins (assuming your setup is pretty standard, which it is, if you
haven't done something really weird).

tar xf swh-plugins-[version].tar.bz2
cd swh-plugins-[version]/
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-sse
make
su
[enter your root password]
make install
exit
[the exit command drops out of the super user shell]

Then start ardour and try again. Swh's plugins include the "Triple band
parametric with shelves" and the glame butterworth filters, so you
should see if doing this will make these plugin work better.

Recompiling & installing swh plugins will not change how the plate
reverb you are using, as it's not part of swh plugins (it's part of the
caps set, most likely).

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>