Re: [linux-audio-user] Alsa Midi patchbay/processor

From: Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 13 2006 - 23:13:36 EEST

On Saturday, 13. May 2006 10:02, Bert Visser wrote:
> > I'm looking for some kind of midi patchbay (in software, using alsa),
> > that can also process midi events, like, for example, converting note
> > on to control change events, etc.
> >
> > In particular, I'd like to be able to:
> >
> > - route midi events between input and output ports, and activate
> > different setups by sending midi messages
> > - split midi channels, e.g. to send the upper part of a keyboard to
> > one output port, and the lower part to another
> > - change midi velocity curves
> > - convert sustain pedal (cc 64) to appropriate note off events (I
> > know this one is very specific)
> >
> > Is there any tool (or set of tools) that can do this?
>
> Try Qmidiroute; you can get it at http://alsamodular.sourceforge.net/

Thanks, Qmidiroute seems to let me do at least some of the things I'm
looking for. But what's missing for me is, most importantly, the ability
to switch between different setups, controlled via midi.

So if there's something that I can use in addition to (or instead of)
Qmidiroute to do this, please let me know!

    Dominic