Re: [linux-audio-user] Alsa Midi patchbay/processor

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 14 2006 - 10:42:58 EEST

Hallo,
Dominic Sacré hat gesagt: // Dominic Sacré wrote:

> On Saturday, 13. May 2006 10:02, Bert Visser wrote:
> > Try Qmidiroute; you can get it at http://alsamodular.sourceforge.net/
>
> Thanks, Qmidiroute seems to let me do at least some of the things I'm
> looking for. But what's missing for me is, most importantly, the ability
> to switch between different setups, controlled via midi.
>
> So if there's something that I can use in addition to (or instead of)
> Qmidiroute to do this, please let me know!

You could use Pd to build yourself a custom midi transformer. Pd can
do everything, that qmidiroute does, as well, but you need to learn
the Pd language a bit. It shouldn't be too hard, though. One afternoon
with the manual and the example patches should be enough to let you
build a midi router in Pd yourself (It only needs a handful of Pd
objects anyway).

Ciao