[linux-audio-user] Re: Another song - asking for advices

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 14 2006 - 22:34:02 EEST

On Sun, 14 May 2006 20:26:59 +0200
yves_p@email-addr-hidden (Yves Potin) wrote:

> I've just achieved this track :
> http://ypotin.nerim.net/clouds.ogg (8,1 Mo).
> It's made with MuSE, Linuxsampler, Zyndaddsubfx, CAPS, Tap and
> other LADSPA plugins, Ardour and Jamin. And a guitar :).

Hi,

  It's actually quite good. The mix good be a bit better, especially
concerning the repeating (eg. 'ostinato') bass near the beginning, but
that could very well be a matter of taste.

  I'd presume that's about the same kind of setup I'd like to
eventually get. I.e. guitar input + MIDI stuff. In fact, I'd like to
also get plain audio input for flutes and accoustic guitar as well. And
who knows, maybe voice or some kind of vocals one of these days.

  But I'm presently far from there. I don't even have an audio card.
So I'd like to ask a few questions if you don't mind ;-)

  What kind of audio card do you have ? Do you mike the guitar from
it's amplifier or does it go as line input ? If it's a line input,
what kind or (pre-) amp are you using ? The guitar sound on your
recording is very good. Is it a MIDI guitar ?

  Thanks,

Al