[linux-audio-user] How to avoid noise with Ardour

From: lilli chiffon <lilli.chiffon@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 14 2006 - 23:20:45 EEST

Hi the list.

I have a trouble when i try to transfer music from a analogique source
to my computer. I've got a noise in the background, betwen 3000 and 6000
Hz.

For the moment i use the soundcard of my pc. Here the answer of lspci

0000:00:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation CK804 AC'97
Audio Controller (rev a2)

By default jackd is launch with this following setup :

Priority 0
Frames/period 1024
Sample rate 48000
Periods/buffer 2

Dither none

Any of you have a idea to reduce this annoying noise, this setup is good
according to my soudcard ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

P'tit Louis