Re: [linux-audio-user] more questions on FST

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 00:28:31 EEST

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 03:40:44PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 13:35 -0500, Aaron Krister Johnson wrote:
> > Another question--barring that, if I do replace glibc, will I have to
> > recompile my kernel, wine, etc?
>
> You would have to recompile EVERYTHING. Replacing glibc is major
> surgery.
>
> It's best to just upgrade to a newer distro.

I found this out the hard way. Using debian, dselect is a
large-caliber gun aimed directly at the foot of the user,
who just wants to install some innocent package.

Fortunately, enlightened users know about apt-get, so that
if you know how to use the command line, you can just add
the --force argument and shoot your foot with equal
efficiency.

But then freedom is what enables backhoe drivers to work
near the edges of ravines. How could we live without it?

--
Joel Roth