Re: [linux-audio-user] Denormal problems with some LADSPA plugins

From: Antonino Ingargiola <debian@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 14:37:10 EEST

On Sat, 13 May 2006 14:04:13 +0100
Q <qb@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> How easy is it to recompile a kernel? Could it cause more problems
> than it would solve? It sounds rather daunting for a newb like me.
> But on the other hand, my mixing is grinding to a halt -- quite
> literally! Perhaps I'll just get a load of tracking done until I find
> a solution.

If you want to recompile the kernel here is a complete
guide for demudi (it applies to debian too):

http://demudi.agnula.org/wiki/Low-latencyKernelBuildingHowto

There's also a sample .config file to start with. It's a bit time
consuming the first time, but I think it's feasible even for a
(motivated) newbye.

If something is not clear or you have any doubt report it to the demudi
mailing list and we'll help you, and fix the unclarities ;-).

Cheers,

  ~ Antonio