[linux-audio-user] Problem with seq24: Where's the midi ports?

From: Joseph Jones <bumpycarrot@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 23:09:46 EEST

So I'm looking into using seq24 as my midi sequencer (Rosegarden is
slow as all hell, as well as bloated for my tastes, and MusE seems to
have problems on my system).

I'm fairly sure that I made some use of it when I first installed it,
however, I've tried using it with qsynth over the last few days and I
just can't seem to be able to connect the two at all. I'm rather
concerned that seq24 doesn't seem to have any ports/clients listed in
qjackctl's midi section.

I can connect seq24 to busses and channels from inside seq24, but that
doesn't seem to have any effect. The problem doesn't seem to lie with
qsynth as I've been able to connect a software keyboard to it no
problem.

Has anyone else experienced this at all and can offer some advice on
the subject?

Cheers!

--
Joe Jones