Re: [linux-audio-user] Problem with seq24: Where's the midi ports?

From: <sunnan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 23:21:33 EEST

> I'm fairly sure that I made some use of it when I first installed it,
> however, I've tried using it with qsynth over the last few days and I
> just can't seem to be able to connect the two at all. I'm rather
> concerned that seq24 doesn't seem to have any ports/clients listed in
> qjackctl's midi section.

Depending on what version you're using of seq24; older versions tried to
connect without using aconnect/qjackctl (i.e. it finds qsynth and others
automatically), but IIRC recent versions can choose between either
behaviour. I know I have it set up to show up in qjackctl at the moment.

Look in the preferences or the readme (a file named SEQ24).