Re: [linux-audio-user] Problem with seq24: Where's the midi ports?

From: Joseph Jones <bumpycarrot@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 11:04:51 EEST

On 5/23/06, sunnan@email-addr-hidden <sunnan@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > I'm fairly sure that I made some use of it when I first installed it,
> > however, I've tried using it with qsynth over the last few days and I
> > just can't seem to be able to connect the two at all. I'm rather
> > concerned that seq24 doesn't seem to have any ports/clients listed in
> > qjackctl's midi section.
>
> Depending on what version you're using of seq24; older versions tried to
> connect without using aconnect/qjackctl (i.e. it finds qsynth and others
> automatically), but IIRC recent versions can choose between either
> behaviour. I know I have it set up to show up in qjackctl at the moment.
>
> Look in the preferences or the readme (a file named SEQ24).

Ahh, I see. I tried doing an upgrade last night, as I hadn't realised
that my installed version was actually older than god, which involved
a partial upgrade to DeMuDi unstable. Unfortunately I seem to have
broken everything audio related, so I'm gonna have another bash at it
tonight, probably just do a base install and then actually follow the
instructions for upgrading.

--
Joe Jones