Re: [linux-audio-user] Problem with seq24: Where's the midi ports?

From: Brian Dunn <job17and9@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 00:46:08 EEST

sunnan@email-addr-hidden wrote:

>>I'm fairly sure that I made some use of it when I first installed it,
>>however, I've tried using it with qsynth over the last few days and I
>>just can't seem to be able to connect the two at all. I'm rather
>>concerned that seq24 doesn't seem to have any ports/clients listed in
>>qjackctl's midi section.
>>

>Depending on what version you're using of seq24; older versions tried to
>connect without using aconnect/qjackctl (i.e. it finds qsynth and others
>automatically), but IIRC recent versions can choose between either
>behaviour. I know I have it set up to show up in qjackctl at the moment.
>
>Look in the preferences or the readme (a file named SEQ24).

Wow I was just contemplating how much i would have to learn if i wanted
to write a patch that would add alsa-midi ports behavior to seq24.
looks like i should keep up with the change logs. thanks for the tip.
Patching the midi signals to their apropriate posts is the ideal
behavior for me as the synths never seem to have the same port number
twice, and i was often in the position of saying to a prospective
listener "just wait a sec... it's really cool, promise..." while
fiddling with those pop up port lists to reconfigure the outputs every
time, trying to remember what zyn channel number i put that sound on.
Now it's just drag one line across the screen, and wham. sound.
now if seq24 could just lash, it and zyn would be the ultimate time
sucking beat looping dohicky.
is any one working on adding lash support to seq24?

brian