Re: [linux-audio-user] Re:How can I time-stretch the sound like this (with SND & CLM)

From: luis jure <ljc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 02:53:52 EEST

el Wed, 24 May 2006 00:46:20 -0700 (PDT)
Paul <paulgfx@email-addr-hidden> escribió:

> I wanted to try by myself and I made last night a
> quick hack for extreme time stretching by using FFTs.
> I like the results very much.

and it really sounds great, paul. would you care to explain a bit the
techniques used? i'd like to try something like that using csound, the only
language i know.

some time ago i wrote a time-stretching instrument using the phase vocoder
opcodes, and the quality of the result was very good for factors not
beyond 10 or 12 times. but after that the artifacts were too noticeable for
my taste. i haven't tried again recently, there are some new opcodes that i
should experiment with, like the ATS opcodes. but your results are very
impressive, indeed.

best,

lj