Re: [linux-audio-user] ecasound interactive mode

From: Stuart Allie <Stuart.Allie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 07:25:28 EEST

Hi Paul,

> > One 'gotcha' to look out for is that when you call ai-attach or
> > ao-attach it *detaches* that in/out from any chains it is currently
> > attached to and connects it to only those chains currently selected.
> >

> Hmmm...so what do you do if you want two chains to have the
> same output (the first two jack alsa_pcm outputs)?

If you have multiple chains selected when you do an ao-attach or ao-add
then the output will be attached to *all* the selected chains. I think
this is the only time that having multiple selected chains is useful
(but don't quote me on that :)

So:

 c-add t1
 c-add t2
 c-select t1,t2
 ao-add fred.wav

makes fred.wav the output for both chains.

Hope that helps.

With regards to frontends for eca, I am working on one myself. I hope to
have the first release in a month or so. It will try to preserve as much
of ecasound's semantics as possible, and even give you interactive mode
access. I'll try and get a screenshot of the current version up
somewhere for people to look at and make suggestions on.

Cheers,

Stuart

stuart.allie
-AT-