Re: [linux-audio-user] ecasound interactive mode

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 09:50:39 EEST

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 02:25:28PM +1000, Stuart Allie wrote:

> With regards to frontends for eca, I am working on one myself. I hope to
> have the first release in a month or so. It will try to preserve as much
> of ecasound's semantics as possible, and even give you interactive mode
> access. I'll try and get a screenshot of the current version up
> somewhere for people to look at and make suggestions on.

I'm curious what motivates your design, having spent a
long time writing one of my own using perl and tk.

http://ecmdr.infogami.com

Did you ever have a chance to have a look?? Any feedback??

But then why did I write a front end of my when a rather mature
Tkeca is available??

        - I had (and have) a few problems getting it to work.

        - By allowing many of the possibilities for Ecasound
          there seemed lots of ways to get errors.

        - Too many windows makes my eyes glaze over, I
          find it hard to keep the big picture.

        - Ditto, with dialog boxes, for which I
          have a special dislike.

         - I'm not used to reading/hacking tcl

        - I wanted an autoincrement function for
          recording several songs with the same
          setup.

Are people's requirements and expectations really so
different?

Regards

Joel

--