Re: [linux-audio-user] Getting some input (was Getting some hardware...)

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 28 2006 - 15:52:20 EEST

On Sat, 27 May 2006 19:35:25 -0400
Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

Hi,

> > If I use 5 pads to generate 5 different sounds on the PC, does it
> > work using 5 different MIDI channels ? How many MIDI channels are
> > there available ?

> the handsonic sends different note numbers for each pad, all on the
> same channel. the channel is generally channel 10, though it depends
> which program you are using.

To illustrate this, if I use a Linux sequencer such as MuSE, it will
receive note data on channel 10. So everything I tap on the Handsonic
will be sequenced by MuSE. But how about if I do not use the Handsonic
built-in sounds ? Is it possible for the Linux PC to generate 5
different sounds for this channel, for MuSE to know which note (MIDI
event) belongs to which sound, and then to actually playback the MIDI
events on channel 10 with all the different sounds ?

The Kat controllers looks quite interesting. The videos all have
people playing it with drumsticks. Do you know if it is possible to
play it with hands ?

Cheers,

Al