Re: [linux-audio-user] Two other tracks

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 30 2006 - 17:05:46 EEST

On 5/30/06, tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Friday 26 May 2006 17:47, Mark Knecht was like:
> > On 5/24/06, Yves Potin <yves_p@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > > Hi :).
> > > Here are two other tracks :
> > > http://ypotin.nerim.net/seven_bells.ogg
> > > http://ypotin.nerim.net/no_joe.ogg
> > > They are very different from each other.
> > > Thanks in advance for all comments :).
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Y.
> > >

> > > P.S. Of course, when all this stuff will be achieved, there will be a web
> > > site to present this music, under a CC licence. I hope the site will be
> > > up before the end of June.
> >
> > Good stuff.
> >
> > I agree with Paul & Carlos. I hear some Holdsworth & Bruford in the
> > second one. (Did you guys know they played together for about a year
> > BTW?)
>
> Was it only a year?

Ya know - I don't really know. I sort of threw that out quickly.
Wikipedia says in 1978/1979 Holdsworth played on a couple of Bruford
CDs. I saw the two together in the band U.K. with Eddie Jobson and
John Wetton. That was probably 1979 looking at the web. As I remember
it that was a very good show but I hardly remember that group's songs
anymore. I just added their debut CD to my want list on LaLa. See if
someone ponies up a copy for me to listen to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_%28band%29

> Still, comparisons like that persuade me that this piece must be suitable for
> immediate listening. Downloading now ...

I think you'll enjoy. I did.

Cheers,
Mark