Re: [linux-audio-user] Low latency with 2.6.16.16 vanilla

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 30 2006 - 16:56:10 EEST

On 5/29/06, tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 May 2006 01:01, Mark Knecht was like:
> > I have not tried the pam enabled realtime methods as there doesn't
> > seem to be any value spending the time to do it just yet.
>
> I am, and I have to say I think there is value in it. I'm using the debianised
> patched PAM modules from RFA (thanks Eric!) so it took me all of 10 minutes
> to set up. I guess it's a bit more fiddly on Gentoo.

Probably it's no different on Gentoo. However the required version of
PAM is not marked stable on Gentoo. Don't know why that is but without
going to a (currently) testing version of PAM it's not supported.

That said, what's the value in doing work, changing things, and then
dealing with side effects? realtime-lsm works so I use it. I'll change
when the kernel no longer supports it.

Cheers,
Mark