[linux-audio-user] Low latency with 2.6.16.16 vanilla

From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 24 2006 - 11:28:02 EEST

Hi, I want to try what Lee mentioned a couple of times recently: Low latency
audio performance with 2.6 mainline -- no mingo-patch, no rt-lsm (athlon xp
2600+, asus a7v8x-x, hdsp. On a 2.4.26 with lck patches this system has good
lowlat performance, solid jackd with -p 64 -n 2, so the hardware should be
ok. Ah well, looong dropouts on deep reiserfs walks that never show up in
jackd's messages but that's hopefully another story).

Got 2.6.16.16 from kernel.org. If I understood Lee right I could expect a
jackd with -p 64 -n 2 to work just fine but it doesn't. Loads of xruns. What
am I missing? What can I do to find out?

With make oldconfig I come across some questions I'm unsure about. Are these
answers right? Thanks in advance.

# IO Schedulers
#
CONFIG_IOSCHED_NOOP=y