Re: [linux-audio-user] Low latency with 2.6.16.16 vanilla

From: Aaron Krister Johnson <aaron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 13:25:07 EEST

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 8:28 am, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:

> Got 2.6.16.16 from kernel.org. If I understood Lee right I could expect a
> jackd with -p 64 -n 2 to work just fine but it doesn't. Loads of xruns.
> What am I missing? What can I do to find out?

Hi Wolfgang,

I was banging my head against the wall with the same issue, but after a *long*
Google search, I found that disabling acpi did the trick for me.

For a tutorial I wrote on the subject, go to
http://www.akjmusic.com/linuxaudio.html

Basically, like it says, the most critical thing was shutting off acpi with an

        append "acpi=off"

in the lilo.conf file, and rerunning lilo and rebooting....

BTW, I tend to still get xruns with '-p 64 -n 2'. I do sr=44100, -p 128 -n 2,
and never have a problem for hours on end.

-Aaron.