[linux-audio-user] Some basic questions

From: Bruno Gola <brunogola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 14 2006 - 23:07:45 EEST

Hello all

I'm new to this list and a linux user for 1 year. I use to play guitar
and i'm planning to learn to play drum. As i'm starting to create my
own songs and i wanna record it to my pc, i need some tips and advices
about, witch programs to use and where to start reading about it.

I wanna start reading about drum machines too, i've already downloaded
and installed the Hydrogen Drum Machine, what do you have to say about
it ? Is there another one better? Where can i find texts about
programming these drum machines ?

And the last doubt, i have an Amplifier with a line out and a phone
plug, and i want to play the guitar and record it in the computer but
using the amplifier to have a better sound and its distortion. My
soundcard is a Onboard VIA AC97 (my mobo is a Asus A7V8X-X). Can i
record it? Using the lino out of the amplifier and the line in of the
soundcard ? I've tried but nothing happens, but if i try to plug the
guitar into the soundcard's line in, i can hear it, but a bad and low
song.

Thanks (and sorry for any english mistake, i'm from Brazil =-] ).

[]'s

--
Bruno Fialho Marques Gola <brunogola@email-addr-hidden>
http://www.brunogola.com.br