Re: [linux-audio-user] Some basic questions

From: Yves Potin <yves_p@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 15 2006 - 01:16:27 EEST

Le 14 Jun à 17:07, Bruno Gola ecrivait:

> And the last doubt, i have an Amplifier with a line out and a phone
> plug, and i want to play the guitar and record it in the computer but
> using the amplifier to have a better sound and its distortion. My
> soundcard is a Onboard VIA AC97 (my mobo is a Asus A7V8X-X). Can i
> record it? Using the lino out of the amplifier and the line in of the
> soundcard ? I've tried but nothing happens, but if i try to plug the
> guitar into the soundcard's line in, i can hear it, but a bad and low
> song.

        Hello Bruno.
        For the guitar, consider the Caps plugin suite and its cabinet
simulator, among others very good plugins included in it. You can plug the
output of the *preamp* in a sound card, without amp, and get a nice
sound. The CAPS plugins work fine together in a jack-rack.
http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html
        About your sound card, I fear you'll soon encounter important
problems for seriously working with it...
        Cheers,

Y.