[linux-audio-user] Re: Digital mixer suggestions

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 15 2006 - 18:36:46 EEST

Yes. I have made an exception in the analogue world for the time being,
for reasons of simplicity and roadworthiness (I'll thank myself when I
have my first gig and carry only one box aside my notebook).

If I was working studio only I might extend the UNIX philosophy to
analogue gear, although there are still the complexity issues to deal with.

If you have a lot of analogue gear you need to be proficient in music,
digital engineering AND analogue engineering, so I try to at least limit
myself to two fields and let the technology be smart as far as the
analogue chain goes.

Carlo