Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: which graphics card?

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 21 2006 - 15:34:28 EEST

Hallo,
Thomas Ilnseher hat gesagt: // Thomas Ilnseher wrote:

> But nvidia DOES offer decent (non-GPL, proprietary, binary) drivers.

In my opinion that's a kind of trojan horse, but this issue has been
talked about here many times, so one might want to seach the archives
for more on my opinion.

> but i have to confess that 3D gfx drivers (with decent performance) are
> such a complex thing that
> you can not demand them to be opensource.

I have an Intel laptop with a G900 chipset, whose open source drivers
provide 3D performance that is decent enough for me to do a
performance on stage with it that includes 3D-graphics and sound
coming from the same laptop, see the LAC2006 site for a video.

Ciao