Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: which graphics card?

From: R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 22 2006 - 02:26:21 EEST

--- Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hallo,
> Lee Revell hat gesagt: // Lee Revell wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 14:27 -0400, Dave Robillard
> wrote:
> > > Boycott by buying what?
> >
> > Via or Intel. Yes it's not "high end" but most
> people on this list
> > really don't need S3TC or whatever the hell it's
> called. This is
> > linux-audio-user, not linux-gamer-fanboy.
>
> Or an old and gold Matrox G450,

The G400 requires mga_hal which is a binary and blah,
freakin blah. Link S. dropped his G400 buy the studio
for me to try out. I think the G450 is a solid buy for
technical and usability requirements. It's said to run
out of the box and with dual monitor support at that.
I'm gonna go find one.

Ron

 if you still can use

http://xfi.blogspot.com/2006/05/crackling-and-popping-x-fi.html