Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: "on stage" pc

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 24 2006 - 19:32:14 EEST

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 20:53 +0200, Carlo Capocasa wrote:
> Finally, for the ultra high end (my dream card), there is the Apogee
> Ensemble FireWire that offers the famous Apogee D/A converters and four
> Apogee Pre-Amps. This is my dream card. (19") It is untested with linux.

personally, i think that combining converters with the computer audio
interface is silly in general, and ridiculous at the "high end".

you can buy an apogee standalone converter and connect it to any
computer audio interface via ADAT, S/PDIF or other protocols. then, when
you have to sell the apogee to pay for your next house or apartment, you
can replace it with a cheap fostex unit, and keep your audio computer
alive and functioning.