[linux-audio-user] kernel 2.6.17-rt4 and usb

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 29 2006 - 10:58:07 EEST

Hi

I just rolled my own 2.6.17-rt4 (I'm now running 2.6.15) and upon boot
it seems that usb was "not working". My usb mouse sisn't work, neither
did my usb soundcard or my usb midi keyboard.

I seem to remember something about udev, but before I start messing with
my system, I'd appreciate if someone could confirm that this this coould
in fact be the cause of the problem.

If so; how reversible is the process of installing udev, I seem to
remember something going... not so well some time back when last tried
to go back from udev.

If not; what else could be the problem? Surely someone else must have
had this problem...

I'm running debian/stable and I simply took my trusty 2.6.15 config and
copied it to /use/src/linux (symlinked to actual kernel tree) and ran
gconfig + save before making the kernel.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte