Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] Aqualung 0.9beta5 released

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 08 2006 - 22:22:54 EEST

On 7/8/06, carmen <_@email-addr-hidden-your.name> wrote:
> > I like the way Aqualung does this today.
>
> it does look to have a nice set of options for quality playback path, resamping, gapless, good decoders. shame about the XML library thing :) i tried thsoe bash scripts and they had syntax errors :/ supporting .m3u/.pls like everything else would be really cool

Yes, the library handling has been a problem from the beginning. I
trust Tom when he says it will be a major focus in the future.

I've been trying to use the RVA feature but I'm not having much luck.
The problems are compounded by the fact that the RVA data is kept in
the XML library. When I add a new CD to the library I then use Peter's
scripts to update the Music Store file, but it's really making a new
file, not updating, which overwrites all the RVA data and I have to
rescan the complete library to get RVA data again. with a large
library like I have it really becasme too much trouble and I stopped
trying to use RVA anymore.

I hope issues like this will be addressed the next time around.

Cheers,
Mark