Re: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] ALSA MIDI Humanizer v0.0.1

From: Cesare Marilungo <cesare@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 09 2006 - 00:43:15 EEST

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] ALSA MIDI Humanizer v0.0.1
> From:
> Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
> Date:
> Sat, 8 Jul 2006 21:28:48 +0200
> To:
> linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
>
> To:
> linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
>

>Hallo,
>Florin Andrei hat gesagt: // Florin Andrei wrote:
>

>>A potentially good but certainly expensive method would be to record
>>many expert human players and analyze their playing. Some kind of
>>patterns must emerge.
>>Then try and reproduce that in software.
>>

>This is what Jeff Blimes (et al.) did.
>
>Ciao

Frank, I've read the Jeff Blimes paper.

It's interesting but his software is more like a drum machine (something
that produces the midi events) when I'm trying to make something similar
to hydrogen functionality, but more generic and with far more controls.
Something that provides a lot of tools but leaves the decisions about
how to use it to the musician.

c.

--
www.cesaremarilungo.com