[linux-audio-user] Nomad - Nord Modular Editor

From: Marije Baalman <nescivi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 11 2006 - 19:01:24 EEST

Hi,

I just came across this, and thought some people here might be interested...
(I remember the topic coming up some time...)

sincerely,
Marije

-----------------------------------

Hi,

our first release of Nomad - Nord Modular Editor is now available.

You can download the release in the Files section:
Package: nomad
Release 0.2.1-pre

Please note that this is only a pre release and has several bugs and
limitations.
However you can do the most important operations:
- import patch file(s)
- export patch to a file
- send a patch to the synthesizer
- receive a patch from the synthesizer
- edit patch which exists in the synthesizer

See also the file 'README.txt' in the release.

Requirements:
-------------
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0
- platform: any

Starting Nomad:
---------------
You start Nomad with the command:
java -jar nomad.jar

Micro Modular users:
--------------------
Since none of us developers has a Micro Modular available for testing
we don't support this model at the moment. However you can try if
Nomad works with this model and supply us with feedback so that we
can make necessary changes to achive support.

Note: Before you use Nomad with the Micro Modular you have to ...

- open nomad/conf/application.xml in a text editor

- change the line
<entry>4</entry>
<entry>1</entry>

- save the file