Re: [linux-audio-user] S/PDIF capture with m-audio 2496

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 02:00:07 EEST

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 23:48 +0100, Rob Jackson wrote:
> Could anyone please give me a step-by-step guide to setting up my
> m-audio 2496 to capture from the S/PDIF? I am trying to record into
> either Audacity or Ardour, but cannot 'find' any sound.

i don't know this device well at all, but under ALSA it is almost
certainly a separate subdevice from the main audio i/o. check the output
of "aplay -l"

ALSA represents most distinct i/o sections of an audio interface as its
own subdevice, since its typically clocked independently of the rest of
the card.