[linux-audio-user] S/PDIF capture with m-audio 2496

From: Rob Jackson <robert.jackson@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 01:48:54 EEST

Could anyone please give me a step-by-step guide to setting up my
m-audio 2496 to capture from the S/PDIF? I am trying to record into
either Audacity or Ardour, but cannot 'find' any sound.

I can route data using Envy24Ctrl so that the digital mix bars on the
L/H side are active, but cannot capture sound using applications. I'm
guessing therefore that alsa is set up incorrectly.

Using Audacity, under Edit->Preferences, only /dev/dsp is visible (I
cannot select any other interface). Recording just produces a flat line.
In Ardour (via jack), I cannot get anything to appear on the v/u bars
despite selecting alsa_capture1 & 2.

The interface works fine in winXP, so it's something I'm doing wrong.

So, can anyone help me to get the sound from my interface to audio
applications?

Thanks,
Rob Jackson