Re: [linux-audio-user] S/PDIF capture with m-audio 2496

From: Brett W. McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 04:23:21 EEST

On 7/12/06, Rob Jackson <robert.jackson@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Using Audacity, under Edit->Preferences, only /dev/dsp is visible (I
> cannot select any other interface). Recording just produces a flat line.
> In Ardour (via jack), I cannot get anything to appear on the v/u bars
> despite selecting alsa_capture1 & 2.

If I recall, the digital input signals are not on 1 & 2 (those are
analog), try some of the other inputs (might be 3 & 4). It's been a
while since I've used the 2496...

Also make sure you've got your master clock set right (for SP/DIF, not
the A/D sampling rate)

-- Brett

--
Brett McCoy: Programmer by Day, Guitarist by Night
http://www.alhazred.com