Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: 64bit vs 32bit (was: Re: AMD64 question: update)

From: carmen <_@email-addr-hidden-your.name>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 20:45:39 EEST

> PD runs in native 64bit mode just fine on my turion64 with gentoo.

you clearly didnt use it. besides launch it and say 'oh, it runs fine'.

i guess it is possible to use despite all the math errors and without the ability to store and recall audio in RAM. but i dont consider that usable.

> So in my point the argument "some things don't (yet) run on 64bit"
> doesn't count a cent. :-)

i gues PD, SC, and Chuck dont count a cent in your world. despite their 'free' status. i place some value on them :)