[linux-audio-user] Re: 64bit vs 32bit (was: Re: AMD64 question: update)

From: Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 23:16:44 EEST

2006/7/13, carmen <_@whats-your.name>:
> > PD runs in native 64bit mode just fine on my turion64 with gentoo.
> you clearly didnt use it. besides launch it and say 'oh, it runs fine'.

Well, I don't claim to be a second Frank Barknecht. I do just some
simple synthesis and midi-sequencing with it. And that runs fine so
far...

> i gues PD, SC, and Chuck dont count a cent in your world. despite their
> 'free' status. i place some value on them :)

Hmm, PD counts more than a cent in my world. But in comparison to
ardour and all the other small tools to record and produce real
music(*), I don't need (and use) PD that much. But as far as I use it,
it works...

So long,

Arnold, quiting this thread, promised!

(*) Thats my very personal opinion, if you like and make electronic
music more than me, than don't get offended by my position.

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/
---