Re: [linux-audio-user] problem with new machine

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 29 2006 - 00:58:38 EEST

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 15:20 -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> Well, the hardware has been assembled, but I have a show-stopper of a
> problem. When I try to start the machine I get a flash from the cool
> blue lights on my Antec case, the CPU fan does a little jig, then
> nothing. :(

Check that you have connected the processor fan and that it is spinning
at the fastest rate you can get it to spin. Some mobos will refuse to
start if they don't detect a processor fan running happily. There's
usually a boot time key combination that can be used to boot - and then
you can change the detection to "off" in the bios.

-- Fernando