Re: [linux-audio-user] Bass V-amp vs V-amp

From: Jean-Baptiste Mestelan <mestelan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 17:24:19 EEST

I wondered if I such a DI box would make sense in my recording setup :
bass ---> mixing console ---> soundcard

How useful would it be to insert a DI ?
bass ---> DI --> mixing console ---> soundcard

A guitarist friend of mine has tried to convince me so, but I did not
exactly grasp the whole argument ... I would have thought that the
console already serves as a preamp, but I may miss some point ?

Thanks for advice.