Re: [linux-audio-user] so.... u wish to hear something completely horrible

From: R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 12 2006 - 18:25:45 EEST

Patrick,

--- Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> Ron,
>
> I haven't heard it but,
>
> ====================
> if (it was mixed live on tX)
> then it is a DJ mix which can be considered in
> certain circumstances,
> an original work;

That's what they call originality?

> On top of that(until it makes money or gets
> significant international
> exposure and airplay){
> the labels who own the original tracks won't even
> know it exists;
> =====================

What does "not knowing it exists" have to do with
using someone else's property when your violating the
owner rights?

How do think the owners of GPL licensed software will
feel when this behaviour you subscribe to becomes the
norm for their source code? What distinguishes a DJ
from the person who violates those rights?

> the liklihood of that happening around here is slim
> to non existant.
>
> So, If you are going to complain every time a DJ
> makes a remix

Please don't use a personal attacks when debating with
me.

There is a system in place that enables you to use
property that other people own the rights to. Be
responsible and learn to use it.

There's plenty I'd like to say but ironically enough I
have a session with a DJ for whom we wrote the beats.
It'll go about six or eight hours. Maybe I'll check in
later to see what's up. Maybe I won't.

Ron Parker
Mirror Image Studio

 then you