Re: [linux-audio-user] om in ubuntu dapper spitting errors with presets

From: Dave Robillard <drobilla@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 20:35:49 EEST

On Sun, 2006-08-13 at 00:59 +0200, Hartmut Noack wrote:

> Patrick Shirkey schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Check the page on the om wiki about plugins. It has links to most of the
> > main ladspa deps.
> >
> > Cheers.
> >

> Thanks for the hints, Patrick - i installed every last one of the
> recommended LADSPA-Stuff unfortunately it did not help:
>
> ERROR: Unable to find object /saw_detuned/amp_env/Attack Time (s)
> ERROR: Unable to find object /saw_detuned/amp_env/Attack Time (s)
> ERROR: Unable to find object /saw_detuned/amp_env/Decay Time (s)
> ERROR: Unable to find object /saw_detuned/amp_env/Decay Time (s)
> ERROR: Unable to find object /saw_detuned/amp_env/Release Time (s)
> ERROR: Unable to find object /saw_detuned/amp_env/Release Time (s)

I think this might be The Blop Translation Problem(TM). If you're in a
non-english locale (which judging by your domain you probably are) the
blop packager for some distros translated the port labels - the port
names which are stored in patches to load up everything. Oops.

Looks like you're trying 0.2.0 (which is ancient BTW). Your only option
for now is to get a non-translated blop plugins package, or don't load
patches with blop plugins in them (eg just make a new patch and play
around)

Sorry; Om's new incarnation (namely Ingen) will fix this problem (among
others). Stay tuned...

-DR-