[linux-audio-user] No sound on 64studio - Was: [a-users] Re: Giving DeMuDi & Ardour a shot

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 21:15:18 EEST

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 13:46:37 +0100
Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 13:16:29 +0200
> Free Ekanayaka <free@email-addr-hidden-ft.org> wrote:
>
> > |--==> folderol writes:
> >
> > f> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 08:24:23 -0400 (EDT)

> > f> I just tried this myself, but it can't see my sound card (m-audio 2496).
> >
> > f> Anyone got suggestions as to what I should look for to put it right?
> >
> > Are you using the i386 version or the amd64 one?
>
> i386
>
> > According to this page
> >
> > http://alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-MAudio#matrix
> >
> > the right kernel module for your card is snd-ice1712. What happens if
> > you try to run this command from the console:
> >
> > sudo modprobe snd-ice1712
> >
> > ?
> >
> > Ciao,
> >
> > Free
>
> This returns nothing so presumably the mode isn't present. I tried
> looking for it in synaptic but that only returned alsa-tools. I did a
> re-install of that anyway just in case, but it doesn't seem to have made
> any difference.

Update:

OK seems I misunderstood the purpose of modprobe, still get no sound
though.

Tried moving the soundcard to a different slot - no difference.

Noticed that one of the startup messages is that alsa can't grab irq0
so I had a look in the bios setting to see if I could find any
reference to it. Nothing mentioned below irq3.

Double checked that it still works correctly with demudi 1.2.1 - It
does.

I'm copying this across to LAU as I think this is really the correct
place for a non-demudi enquiry.

--
Will J G