Re: [linux-audio-user] New Track

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 06:10:30 EEST

On 8/10/06, Jonty Needham <jmn20@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> This kind of uses some uncleared samples -- the vocals, which
> belong to the lovely Misty Edwards. Drums
> are one loop, ("It's a new day" at the start) then all the rest
> is hydrogen. Sequenced in
> Rosegarden, mastered (preliminarily) in Audacity, recorded in
> Ardour, and
> all instruments are Zynaddsubfx and the piano is qsynth. Let me
> know what
> you think.
>
> At http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/~jmn20/Noah_final.ogg
>
> God bless
> Jonty
> --
> Jonty Needham <jmn20@email-addr-hidden>

Hi Jonty,
   Good stuff. I like the energy all the way through. Like others I
came to not like the piano mouch. It was fine at the start but after a
while I felt it needed to maybe morph around a bit - run some filters
across frequency, panning - something.

   Anyway, I like the work. Misty Edwards does have a nice voice.

Cheers,
Mark