Re: [linux-audio-user] so.... u wish to hear something completely horrible

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 17:55:27 EEST

Patrick Shirkey schrieb:

>> Maybe so but money is not the preliminary target.
> It is if you use a commercial copyright.

is CC share alike attribution non-commercial THAT commercial?

>> There are hundreds of tracks made in the community allready, that do not
>> incorporate a single second of any previously published record. DJing is
>> not the only way to make music...
> I have yet to hear a truly original piece from this community. Even if
> it is created with original recordings and samples. Everything I have
> listened to takes influence from the work of others or attempts to
> emulate a sound that has already been discovered (occasionally with
> excellent technical execution).

There IS a difference between playing in a style, that has been
developed before by others and taking the recordings of others and use
them as loops.
Even citing someones licks/riffs/harmonies is not an issue - a recording
 comes straight from the person it has made it, to use it in large
chunks is no new interpretation the same as a new recording is.
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -