Re: [linux-audio-user] so.... u wish to hear something completely horrible

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 18:04:51 EEST

Hartmut Noack wrote:

> You state, that a musician has the privilege to break every rule,
> he/she needs to break, if needed to make the work of art and than
> you dare to criticize musicians for being snobs??!

I'm not criticizing musicians. I'm criticizing people who think that a
remix using uncleared samples is not music, original or desirable.

IMO that is a very high level of snobbery. A similar attitude that
people who spend years learning their scales by rote direct at a
musician who has no formal training. The kind of crap that rock
musicians usually reserve for DJ's and vice versa.

I happen to be a rock musician and a DJ with a level of formal training
but not at the tertiary level. I have seen a lot of musical snobbery and
the attitude some people on this list have towards remix artists is of
the same flavor.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com