Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Commercial audio software on Linux

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 19 2006 - 21:21:01 EEST

On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 17:12 +0200, Davy Wentzler wrote:
> Hello Ismael,
>
> > Are we talking of a closed sourced commercial app or an open sourced
> > one?
> Closed source.
>
> > BTW I think GTK is OK for a multiplatform, app, check out the GIMP,
> > Gajim and many others.
> I chose wxWidgets, and it uses GTK (2?) as a back-end on Linux.

    Qt is much better than wxWidgets. Unfortunately, for your use in a
closed source package, you'd have to pay for the license in order to
keep your product closed. On the bright side, it's a one-shot,
developer license so there are no further royalties or fees for
distributing the libraries with your product.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice